Get Ready for YUMMILICIOUSNESS!!!!!!
Well, folks, you’ve asked for it and I’m gonna give it to ya! While totally not on-topic for my blog, I guess we live and learn and grow and stuff, right? These yummy treats were made for me and the other teacher-trainees for our first weekend of YTT by my good friend Melissa Hickock and I just couldn’t help but make them myself.
They are based off of a recipe found here; in the meantime, this is my twist on the no-bake yummilicious treat:
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used carob chips)
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener (I used agave, but some people use 1/4 cup of applesauce and 1/4 cup of syrup or agave)
- 1/2 cup of peanut (or any other nut) butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (this is AH-MAZ-ING!!!!!!!!!!!)
- 1 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- a dash (like a tsp) of vanilla
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
you can also mash in a banana, berries – I bet blueberries would be amazing – sunflower seeds potein powder – 2 to 4 scoops – or whatever else is in your cupboard!!!!
Mix it all up in a bowl and spread out in either a metal or glass baking pan – if you double the recipe you can get thicker bars – otherwise, you can make them as thin or as thick as you want by chosing the right sized pan. I lined mine with wax paper to make for an easier clean-up (Melissa gave me that trick!) but you don’t have to.
Stick the whole thing in the freezer. I wanted mine extra hard (or harder) so I left mine in for a few hours before cutting – then I used a pizza cutter to make the bars and stuck them back in the freezer to keep them nice and fresh!
Enjoy lovers. I am sure that your friends, family, kids, colleagues and anyone else who tastes these will LOVE THEM!!!!!!
- Homemade Granola Bars (thecocinamonologues.com)
- Low Fat Granola Bars with Bananas, Cranberries and Pecans (munchomom.com)
- Dreamsicle Overnight Oats (theheartyherbivore.wordpress.com)
- Cherry-Almond Granola (dishesanddishes.wordpress.com)